Old 13-05-2003, 02:32 PM
lms

Default Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

In article ,
says...

I'm interested in finding a repeat blooming yellow rose with a good
scent. I prefer a deep, clear yellow. I've seen some around my (zone
7) neighborhood, but have been unable to identify the variety. Any
suggestions much appreciated.

-Shay

Besides Sunsprite, which is a cluster-flowering rose, and which more than a few
people have called the world's greatest rose, and which probably has already
been suggested to you, I'd definitely go with Summer Sunshine, which is a huge
rose with great form, fantastic color and great fragrance. And unlike so
many other yellow Hybrid Tea roses, it's very hardy and still growing strong
after 15 years here in a place where life is regularly tough. This is the
yellow rose the rose breeders are still chasing.
In the catalogs yellow roses come and yellow roses go.
There's another one with fab color, another oldie--King's Ransom--but it's a
wimp, can't handle the low temps in the long run.

There's another best yellow if you can believe it--Elina or Peau Deuce as it's
sometimes called. Light Yellow. Very full stout bush, extremely vigorous.
Outstanding. Hardiness not an issue here. On a given day, if I had to pick
one yellow rose, it might be that one.