Old 13-05-2003, 04:56 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default tomato's

"Jim" wrote:

We are going to start a garden (small) we need 4 tomato types. What is
recommended for salads, and cooking ?
TNA
Jim

Take a look at catalogs online for a good variety. Pay attention to
the growing time. Unless you are in the south with a nice long season,
shorter times are some insurance for a first year.

Otherwise i think it is very subjective. Cherry tomatoes to me are
mostly juice. I love plum tomatoes cut up on sandwiches and salads.
They're meatier and don't soak the bread in juice and pulp.

Vary your choices, cherry, grape, plum, vine, beefsteak, so you get
some of each. Each catalog company will have some different selections
so shop around--quickly. I'm expecting my tomato plant in soon. I
didn't know to start tomato seedlings indoors. Next year I will try
and grow them from seeds.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)