Old 13-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Nedra

Default Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles?

I don't have a clue what happens to the toad taddies. Mine
disappear too. Actually I'm not too worried ... if they
leave I deon't have to worry about them ;-)

Nedra
"Roger Grady" wrote in message
"Nedra" wrote:

The taddies that the goldfish spit out are toad-taddies.
Taste just terrible. In fact most fish avoid eating both
the taddie and the toad. Frogs are yummy! All of the
frog taddies & the frog itself are edible.

Somebody in my pond must have been awfullly hungry this spring. I had
lots of toad eggs but not a one of the toadpoles survived. I saw just
a few tiny toadpoles but not for long. Last year I had scads of
toadpoles, but I also had a lot of string algae, and this year there's
none. I wonder if the lack of places to hide right after they hatched
was their undoing.

Roger Grady
To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address