Old 13-05-2003, 06:20 PM
C.L. Lassiter

Default Propogating Azaleas

Fran Wagstaff wrote:

back. Now is the time, according to my dear aunt Betty. She failed to
tell me, however, how to root the cuttings. Would I simply place these
in pots until they take hold, or should I root in water first?

Can't imagine water will do the trick. I'd suggest dipping the
cut ends (and trim some of the bark away to the green) into Rootone,
planting them in very moist soil. Covering with a baggie or breadbag so
that you can air them out for 5 minutes a day. In a month, they may have
established roots.

cl, who swears he can root telephone poles with Rootone