Old 13-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Frogleg

Default What's the opposite of staking?

On Mon, 12 May 2003 17:30:36 GMT, "Adam Schwartz"
wrote:

When you want plants to grow vertically you stake them, right? So what
do you do with a trailing plant that keeps curving upwards? I have a
trailing Million Bells, but all of the branches curve upwards towards the
sun. I don't want to cut them all off or I'll have a stump for the first
half of the summer. Is there something else I can do to train them
downwards?

What a pretty plant! I just looked up a few references, and all say
"full sun." Maybe it *is* reaching for light. Is it in the ground or a
hanging basket? The weight of the branches and blossoms may pull it
down in a basket. One reference said it can be pruned to shape.