Old 13-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Baine Carruthers

Default Propogating Azaleas

Propagation by cuttings is usually done in July on new growth just beginning
to harden. Probably Anne's resource has more.

--
Baine

"Fran Wagstaff" wrote in message
m...
I have a huge Azalea which was a resident at my home when we purchased
it 9 years ago. It has always been beautiful, until this year. I've
never trimmed, fertilized or anything. It seemed to take care of
itself.
The Azalea is still flourishing, but it really needs to be trimmed
back. Now is the time, according to my dear aunt Betty. She failed to
tell me, however, how to root the cuttings. Would I simply place these
in pots until they take hold, or should I root in water first?
I have a vision of a line of Azaelas along the back of my property.
And, if all the cuttings do well, I can have that by trimming this one
plant! All suggestions will be appreciated.