Old 13-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Holm-oaks

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Mike
writes
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article ,
Mike writes:

| We have 109 Holm-oaks with Tree Preservation Orders on them. They are
| being trimmed to allow light onto a Public Path and the Park we are
| developing.
|
| Can any of the branches being cut off, trimmed somehow to small

shoots
| and struck?

It's worth trying, anyway. What have you got to lose?

:-)) Nothing at all :-))

Just on my way to meet some 'Wood Turners' who say that Holm-oak is a
superb wood for turning. Must be about a ton, maybe a little less, (To
keep Mabbett happy) of timber from about 6ins in diameter to about 10ins
in diameter and up to 3ft long!! If not recovered by the Turners, it
will be burnt on Saturday :-((

The van went away well loaded :-))

Have brought some tips of the trimmed branches home and stuck them in
the ground with fingers crossed.

I grew some from acorns.

Alan