Old 14-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Brandi

Default Please ID this horrible plant

Possibly in the Thistle (sp?) family? I have similar plants/weeds in my
yard that grows in the Summer with stickers on them - didn't realize it
until I was weeding without gloves (I'll never do that again!) My neighbor
said it was thistle.

Brandi

"CNB" wrote in message
I live in SE Georgia. I stepped on some of this stuff barefooted once in
someone else's yard and felt sorry for them for having it. Now I've found

it
in a small spot in my own yard and need to get rid of it.

Its a very inconspicuous small plant with leaves that look almost like

tiny
parsley leaves. It has tiny seed capsules with sharp stickers on them. I'm
not sure if these stickers last all year or if this is just a seasonal
thing, but I need to get rid of it. Its very painful to step on. Below is
the link to a photo of the stuff. Can anyone ID this and also tell me how

get rid of it?

http://web.infoave.net/~BN_cbrown/plant.jpg

Thanks,

CNB