Old 14-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default PH Meters

in article , B. Joshua Rosen
at
wrote on 5/13/03 2:41 PM:

On Tue, 13 May 2003 14:37:00 -0400, FDR wrote:

Where did you hear Coke has a ph of 3? Seems way to acidic to me.

Try sticking it into some vinegar or lemon.

"B. Joshua Rosen" wrote in message
news
I just picked up a Rapitest PH meter from Home Depot and I'm suspicious
of it's accuracy. I stuck the probe in to a glass of Coke and got a
reading of 6.25 which is way to high, Coke has is supposed to have a PH
in the neighborhood of 3. DOes anyone have any experience with these
meters?

I tried vinegar and orange juice, vinegar was also 6.25 orange juice was
7. The Rapitest meter is a complete fraud.

You really should use a buffer solution of known pH. I noticed them for sale
at a hydroponic supply store.

Another problem is that the electrode may not be conditioned properly. I
leave my pH meter sit immersed in a buffer solution when not in use. Even
so, it needs to be calibrated often.

Bill