Old 13-05-2003, 05:20 PM
B. Joshua Rosen

Default PH Meters

I just picked up a Rapitest PH meter from Home Depot and I'm suspicious
of it's accuracy. I stuck the probe in to a glass of Coke and got a
reading of 6.25 which is way to high, Coke has is supposed to have a PH
in the neighborhood of 3. DOes anyone have any experience with these
meters?
Old 13-05-2003, 07:32 PM
FDR

Where did you hear Coke has a ph of 3? Seems way to acidic to me.

Try sticking it into some vinegar or lemon.

news

Old 13-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Frank Miles

In article ,
B. Joshua Rosen wrote:
I just picked up a Rapitest PH meter from Home Depot and I'm suspicious
of it's accuracy. I stuck the probe in to a glass of Coke and got a
reading of 6.25 which is way to high, Coke has is supposed to have a PH
in the neighborhood of 3. DOes anyone have any experience with these
meters?

IMHE the cheap pH meters are worthless. The even-cheaper test papers
(that indicate by color changes) are far better.

-frank
Old 13-05-2003, 10:20 PM
B. Joshua Rosen

On Tue, 13 May 2003 14:37:00 -0400, FDR wrote:

Where did you hear Coke has a ph of 3? Seems way to acidic to me.

I did a web search and found a bunch of different sites, all reporting a
PH of between 2.8 and 3.
Old 13-05-2003, 10:44 PM
B. Joshua Rosen

On Tue, 13 May 2003 14:37:00 -0400, FDR wrote:

Where did you hear Coke has a ph of 3? Seems way to acidic to me.

Try sticking it into some vinegar or lemon.

"B. Joshua Rosen" wrote in message
news
I just picked up a Rapitest PH meter from Home Depot and I'm suspicious
of it's accuracy. I stuck the probe in to a glass of Coke and got a
reading of 6.25 which is way to high, Coke has is supposed to have a PH
in the neighborhood of 3. DOes anyone have any experience with these
meters?

I tried vinegar and orange juice, vinegar was also 6.25 orange juice was
7. The Rapitest meter is a complete fraud.

Old 14-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

Why not try litmus paper......much lower cost and the "accuracy" is quite
adequate for gardening purposes....some might not agree but.......I have
used for over 50 years with very accaptable results........Harold W.

Old 14-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Tater

You can take a sample of your soil to your agricultural department, ours
doesn't charge to test the soil and they are very accurate.

newssqwa.878695$S_4.898933@rwcrnsc53...