Old 14-05-2003, 08:56 AM
jane

Default Urgent - Will Runners Survive Frost

On Wed, 14 May 2003 08:24:33 +0100, "TheScullster"
wrote:

~The weather reporters are forcasting frost for this evening.
~Last weekend, I planted out some runners (Scarlet Emperor) - about 8" tall.
~Despite some strongish winds, they seem to be OK, but will they survive a
~ground frost?
~
~If not, is there an easy way to protect them, now they are climbing up a
~wig-wam?
~

I reckon a long length of fleece wrapped round the plants and then
stuffed down inside the wigwam to protect the inside should do it.

(off to check local forecast for here, as I don't want to lose me
spuds)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!