Old 14-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Jerry E. Miller

Default Questions about Cub 2186.

I recently purchased my second Cub Cadet. I am hoping some of the members
of this newsgroup will answer a few questions that I have about my new Cub.

I purchased the 48" mowing deck. I was assured this decking was a mulching
deck. When the tractor was delivered, I noticed the deck was missing a
mulching plug. I was told the plug was on backorder. Does MTD make a
mulching plug for the 48" Cub deck?

Is there any difference in the blades required for a mulching deck and a
non-mulching deck?

Who manufactures the Hydrostatic transmission used on the Cub 2186?

Who is the supplier of the transmission fluid packaged under the Cub name?

Thanks for any info.