Old 14-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Jerry E. Miller

Default Questions about Cub 2186.

I recently purchased my second Cub Cadet. I am hoping some of the members
of this newsgroup will answer a few questions that I have about my new Cub.

I purchased the 48" mowing deck. I was assured this decking was a mulching
deck. When the tractor was delivered, I noticed the deck was missing a
mulching plug. I was told the plug was on backorder. Does MTD make a
mulching plug for the 48" Cub deck?

Is there any difference in the blades required for a mulching deck and a
non-mulching deck?

Who manufactures the Hydrostatic transmission used on the Cub 2186?

Who is the supplier of the transmission fluid packaged under the Cub name?

Thanks for any info.

Old 15-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Ken Lutz

Hey Jerry, Cub cadet seems to be having much trouble with having enough
help to handle the load of bizness they have to handle, MTD is the parent
company but The larger Cubs are produced seperatly still.
It probably is on back order. Did they give you a part number? I can check
and give you an answer thurs. evening here. We run into a few parts that
just are that way. Last week i tried for 1-1/2 hrs to get a call through to
cub and was unsuccessfull, they certainly do not have enough help to keep
up, anyone want to live in Shelby, Ohio? They sure need good help there.
Kenny
rthlink.net...

Old 16-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Ken Lutz

The mulcher kit for 48" deck is currently available from cub cadet, not on
b/o cost is 107.00 the kits come with our new units, the 48" deck is in
limited supply, not as common as others. We only have 46" decks. HydroGear
is manufacture of trans. oil does not have any I.D. other than produced
for cub cadet. the mtd pro can use 20/50 in the transm. made also by hydro
gear..... cub will not say its ok, they want to sell the high $$ stuff,
some cub trans fluid is synthetic mix. seeing how you don't need to change
transm. fluid much id stay with cubs. factory mulching blades are a 2 blade
set each spindle, total of 4 blades for 2 spindle deck. cross blade setup.
hope this helps. Kenny