Old 14-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Scott L.

Default Swimming pool filter/pump question

Brigitte -

What kind of filter do you have? In ground-pool?

I have a Diatamatios Earth filter (DE) - there is a little knob at the top
ot the filer, on the hose that feeds the pool - I have to open that
periodically to let the air out of the system.

Also, on your pump, you probably have a glass viewplate, that opens up, so
you can empty a basket that is in there. Make sure that is sealed good
(not too tight, though - air can get in there, also.

=Scott L.

On Tue, 13 May 2003 23:08:05 +0000, Brigitte J. wrote:

I hope someone here can help me. I am baffled by my most recent problems.
My pump and filter both worked great last year, but this year it doesn't
seem to do the job as quietly, or as well. The filter seems to be making
a lot of air bubble sounds on the return side. There are air bubbles
coming out the return with the water. Any ideas what might be causing
this? What can I do to eliminate this problem?

TIA,
Brigitte