Old 14-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Len Arzoomanian , BonsaiRI

Default [IBC] bonsai artificial tree?

muggle wrote:

My grandmother came back to the U.S. and had in her treasures a little
bonsai
tree, with flowers, leaves, and fruit? of glass (looks like jade, but
Im pretty sure its glass). The tree is embedded in ornamental rock
and in a ceramic 6 sided pot. It is a single trunk and is wind swept
against a wind like at the coast.
what style of art is this?
I dont dare move the branches as its pretty old. It would be fun to
shape one,
and Id like to find out what art this is, and purchase a newer one.

Just did a search on Ebay using "glass bonsai tree" and came up with a 1/2 dozen or so for sale. I see them all the time on Ebay. I actually try to stop them from comming up in my searches by using "glass" and "bead(s)" exclude words! They are very nice
looking though, just don't need another thing to collect. ;-)

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org