Old 25-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Mark or Travis

Default Chilean Fire Tree/Bush Embothrium coccineum

"Pam" wrote in message

Oooooh, I am SO jealous! I planted mine about three years ago, it was
about a foot tall. Now it's only about 2 feet!! Maybe it's getting
smothered in all the rest of my jungle. With the size and time in the
garden, yours should bloom in mid- to late June, depending on the
weather. Mine should bloom in 2005, if I'm lucky. Have you ever seen the
Heronswood one in bloom? ohmygawd!!

I have never been to Heronswood but that is where I ordered mine from. I
first saw them in bloom at the Washington Park Arboretum and knew right then
I had to have one. The whole tree looks like it is on fire. I haven't done
anything special to mine just watered it and used some generic rhododendron
fertilizer. It doesn't even get all day sun. I hope you are right about
when mine might bloom.

I stopped by Swansons last Tuesday to talk roses and after talking to your
rose buyer asked about you but you were at a workshop or something. One of
these days we will meet.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5