Old 14-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Jim S

Default Controlling Thrips

buy a small can of metered fly spray
and give the plant a couple of mists a day till the thirps are all gone

here is a link to what I am talking about

http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page770.html

http://www.greenfire.net/hot/P401.html

this is a natural pyrethrum mix it comes from the chrysanthemum flower

here are some more

http://www.altgarden.com/site/pestco...cs/purge3.html

http://www.veatchchemical.com/itm00046.htm
http://www.gtghydroponics.com/store/...escription.htm

you all might find some good resorces on this page

http://www.bugsout.com/flies.html

"bk" wrote in message
I'm told that I have thrips. It doesn't effect every orchid in my
collection, but all effected are vandas. I have been told to use Safers

Soap
and others have said Orthene. Any suggestions here? The effected plants

are
not currently blooming, do I spray them now? Do I spray the entire
collection or jsut the effected ones or ones in the area of infection?

Even with this going on, I have two vandas that have always bloomed just
once a year. This year one has bloomed twice and other is putting out it's
third spike now.