Old 14-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Andrew Wells

Default Pear Problems

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
Are they brown spots or brownish/red blisters? If the latter they may be
pear leaf blister mites. I've just had that problem on my young conference
pear tree. The book said to remove all affected leaves and burn them to

stop
the disease spreading.

I've just had another look, for the first time in a couple of days, and
things have moved on. Some leaves still have spots, and they are brown /
red in colour - rusty, I would say - but definitely spots, not blisters.
Others have thin "tracks" cut in them, some of which have joined up to form
holes, or gaps in the edges of the leaves. We did have hail yesterday, but
I don't think it looks like hail damage. I don't think we've had frost
recently, although it has been a bit nippy at night (we're in mid Beds).

We rather liked our pear, and we don;t want to lose it!

Thanks

Andrew
--
Andrew Wells
Replace nospam with my first name to reach me