Old 14-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Brad Bruce

Default WHY does my lawnmower...

"Brigitte J." wrote in
:

"Brad Bruce" wrote in message
. 2...
"Brigitte J." wrote in
news:S0ewa.20567$Dd4.6424902 @news.alltel.net:

pop and back-fire? What do I need to do to correct this problem?

TIA,
Brigitte

Sounds like either the flywheel key is bent or the ignition coil is
loose.

Have you hit anything lately or gotten anthing caught inside the top
of

the
engine?

NJBrad

It's quite possible. My boys mow our lawns and they treat the mowers
like they didn't have to pay for them, if you know what I mean.

Is this any easy fix? Any help is appreciated.

Brigitte

I'd try the other suggestions that have been posted first. If they don't
work, you're probably better off finding a local small shop where they
can look at it. It could take a little as 5 minutes for them to fix it.

NJBrad