Old 14-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Brad Bruce

Default Swimming pool filter/pump question

"Brigitte J." wrote in
:

"hawgeye" wrote in message
.net...
"Brigitte J." wrote...
I hope someone here can help me. I am baffled by my most recent

problems.
My pump and filter both worked great last year, but this year it
doesn't seem to do the job as quietly, or as well. The filter
seems to be

making
lot of air bubble sounds on the return side. There are air bubbles

coming
out the return with the water. Any ideas what might be causing
this?

What
can I do to eliminate this problem?

There should be an air release valve on the filter housing. With the
pump running, open the valve until all the air escapes and water
starts

shooting
out.
You do have the correct water level in the pool, don't you?

No, there is no "air release valve" on the filter housing. Anything
else I can do?

Thanks for the help

Brigitte

You may have an air leak in the intake hose...

NJBrad