Old 15-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Treedude and Breezy

Default A foot or so each day....

Hello all,
I have a 'nameless' rose.I wanna say it's a climbing Don Juan,but thats
just a guess.
Anyways,it is really thriving this year.This is it's 2nd year in the
ground and it has only bloomed two Deep,rich,red blooms so far this
year.It dosent bloom often,in my experience,so far.
This year I pruned it down to about 2 ft.tall and then it really went
crazy and started growing.I have one cane that starts at the base of the
bush and has grown at least 15 ft. (Just this one cane).I know it grows
about a foot each day.It's amazing to watch it grow! Should I clip it
back to a reasonable heighth or just leave it to do it's thing? If let
to go,how large (tall) can the cane get? Is this a sign of having a
healthy bush?

I do have it staked on a trellis b/c of it's size.All the other canes
are about 7-8 ft.
(Would this be considered a climber or a rambler?)

Thanks so much!
Breezy
zone 9~ West Central Florida