Old 15-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Surfs Up

Default Strange Mutant Soil From Beyond

Are you sure the soil didn't have the crystals that expand when soaking up
water? Maybe they had settled in the bag and it didn't affect your first
planting?

"Stacia" wrote in message
I just got some tuberous begonia bulbs and planted them with Scott's
potting soil, left about 3/4 inch of space from the top of the dirt to the
rim of the pot, watered the little critters and left them outside per
instructions. The next day the soil had swelled to about an inch above
the pot! What the hell? The soil was used with other plants and it
didn't swell then.
What can I do to save my bulbs, dig them out and replant? They've only
been in the soil for 3 days so I presume that would be okay.
Also, are aliens involved?

* * *
Stacia * * http://world.std.com/~stacia/
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall