Old 25-01-2003, 01:20 PM
KrisHur

Default Best groundcover for Active DogS

How about Lamium? It's a spreader so you'd have to keep it in check. I love
my patch of lamium and it does well sun or shade. I also have an area with
Campanula punctata, another spreader that needs to be kept in place and is
awesome if it gets good sun. Big beautiful bells over a long period in
summer. I think both could take some dog damage and heal up pretty quickly.

Looking for unusual, try Heronswood:
http://www.heronswood.com/
or
http://www.collectorsnursery.com/
--
Kristen &
Kali CD, CGC, TDI

"David Modine" wrote in message

"jammer" wrote in message
HI David,
I dont know where you are.

Oops, pretty dumb of me not to mention that.
I am in Maryland, just Northeast of DC, zone 7

Unusual, huh? So not honeysuckle.

We do have one huneysuckle, the variety with red/orange blooms, growing on

pre-exiting fence along the eastern property line. It's truly a beautiful
plant while blooming. I don't know the proper name of it, my wife's the

one
with plant knowledge.

Trumpet vine?

Is there a variety of trumpet that is not a super aggresive spreader. We

had
one along the same eastern side fence, but is started getting out of hand

&
taking over the hemlocks along that area.

Morning glory?

We love them.. Is there a perenial variety?

Bougainvilleas?

They would be great to, but would they be winter hardy in my zone?

jammer

Thanks Jammer!

David