Old 15-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Linda Liles

Default 20 mil Polyethylene ok?

If polythylene is the same as PVC, I definiately wouldn't use this.
This spring we had to replace the 5 year old PVC liner(sold by Home
Depot as a pond liner) in our pond because it suddenly became full of
holes and was breaking up. That was NOT fun--digging up all the mature
plants around the pond, moving all the rocks, etc. We replaced it with
a 45 ml EPDM liner--more expensive but I wished I had used it in the
first place!

joe wrote:

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Hey is 20 mil Polyethylene ok to use as a pond liner? The reason I'm
thinking about it is it's lighter and shipping would be less thus I
could afford a bigger liner.

That's one chance I wouldn't want to take. In the long run you'll be way
better off with the thicker product. You have to figure that you are going
to walk all over the stuff and likely place heavy rocks on it.

Joe