Old 13-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default 20 mil Polyethylene ok?

Hey is 20 mil Polyethylene ok to use as a pond liner? The reason I'm
thinking about it is it's lighter and shipping would be less thus I
could afford a bigger liner.

Thanks

Old 13-05-2003, 11:20 PM
joe

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Hey is 20 mil Polyethylene ok to use as a pond liner? The reason I'm
thinking about it is it's lighter and shipping would be less thus I
could afford a bigger liner.

That's one chance I wouldn't want to take. In the long run you'll be way
better off with the thicker product. You have to figure that you are going
to walk all over the stuff and likely place heavy rocks on it.

Joe

Old 13-05-2003, 11:20 PM
KenCo

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Hey is 20 mil Polyethylene ok to use as a pond liner? The reason I'm
thinking about it is it's lighter and shipping would be less thus I
could afford a bigger liner.

Thanks

it works BUT you will be replacing it every few
yrs. as it isnt UV sttabilized.

Permalon 20 mil HDPE is also plastic based but is UV
safe and made to last 50+ yrs.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.
Old 14-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Nedra

Plus ... the Permalon ( adding on to Ken's post ;-)
is lightweight,
doesn't cost an arm and leg to buy (from Ken),
and doesn't cost a whole lot to ship...

Nedra

Old 14-05-2003, 03:44 AM
John Rutz

Nedra wrote:
Plus ... the Permalon ( adding on to Ken's post ;-)
is lightweight,
doesn't cost an arm and leg to buy (from Ken),
and doesn't cost a whole lot to ship...

Nedra

"KenCo" wrote in message

and is dang near indestructible I had to work at it to put a hole in
the stuff

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 14-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Nedra

Don't really understand your question - lol
I'm in Missouri
John Rutz is in New Mexico
Kenco is in Rhode Island ....

Nedra

Old 14-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Michael Shaffer

for some reason it was showing up in netscape like I posted the message
5 times. It's normal now though.

Old 15-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Linda Liles

If polythylene is the same as PVC, I definiately wouldn't use this.
This spring we had to replace the 5 year old PVC liner(sold by Home
Depot as a pond liner) in our pond because it suddenly became full of
holes and was breaking up. That was NOT fun--digging up all the mature
plants around the pond, moving all the rocks, etc. We replaced it with
a 45 ml EPDM liner--more expensive but I wished I had used it in the
first place!