Old 15-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default Anyone had trouble with Marshalls?

I have bought stuff from marshalls a few times and it's generally been
ok.

However, in the past few months, I've had:
- Garlic that was rotten (last Sept)
- Plants that were 2-3 weeks late arriving
- Plants that were appallingly packed

The plants that Marshalls sent were crammed into a polythene bag, in a
box with polystyrene chips for padding. When they arrived, they were
all tangled together and so bashed about that their roots hardly had
any soil clinging to them.

To make matters worse, they had sent them on a Friday but they didn't
arrive until Monday. They were in a bit of a sorry state by then.

By comparison, stuff sent byThompson & Morgan or Simpson's Seeds has
been sent with each plant in individual plastic pockets within a
container that potected them and stopped them shaking around.

I think marshalls may be going through "difficult" times because any
attempt to ring them over the past 2 months has just got an engaged
tone or long queues.

Replace the obvious with Bigfoot