Old 15-05-2003, 06:20 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Anyone had trouble with Marshalls?

Oh my how disappointing. I have always had good service so I hope they are
not going AWOL

Colin Malsingh wrote:
: I have bought stuff from marshalls a few times and it's generally been
: ok.
:
: However, in the past few months, I've had:
: - Garlic that was rotten (last Sept)
: - Plants that were 2-3 weeks late arriving
: - Plants that were appallingly packed
:
: The plants that Marshalls sent were crammed into a polythene bag, in a
: box with polystyrene chips for padding. When they arrived, they were
: all tangled together and so bashed about that their roots hardly had
: any soil clinging to them.
:
: To make matters worse, they had sent them on a Friday but they didn't
: arrive until Monday. They were in a bit of a sorry state by then.
:
: By comparison, stuff sent byThompson & Morgan or Simpson's Seeds has
: been sent with each plant in individual plastic pockets within a
: container that potected them and stopped them shaking around.
:
: I think marshalls may be going through "difficult" times because any
: attempt to ring them over the past 2 months has just got an engaged
: tone or long queues.
:
:
: Replace the obvious with Bigfoot