Old 15-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Alan Gould

Default Anyone had trouble with Marshalls?

In article , Colin Malsingh
writes

I think marshalls may be going through "difficult" times because any
attempt to ring them over the past 2 months has just got an engaged
tone or long queues.

We have only ever had excellent service from Marshall's in terms of
plant or seed quality, delivery, backup etc., but I have felt for some
time that they may have been over-reaching themselves in an attempt to
expand and modernise their business.

I have had problems with other long established seed and nursery
companies who have also found difficulty in meeting the demands of
today's high pressure business world. They are as good as they ever were
with horticulture, but having to cope with today's finance, regulations,
websites, staffing problems, advertising and marketing is proving too
much for them. The moral is that progress is not always forwards.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.