Old 15-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Gregory Young

Default Use Salt to Determine Volume

Simplest formula to determine gallons from salinity change is:
gallons of pond = # of salt used x 12/% salinity change
Make sure you test salinity before you add any salt, so you know your
baseline!
Subtract that initial salinity from the final salinity reading to give your
% salinity change.
The "calculators" essentially do the above.
This is the best way to really determine your total gallonage, including
your pumps, pipes, streams, falls, etc., which can be very significant,
depending on the agents you may be using in your pond.
Happy ponding,
Greg

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
I am going to complete the re-dig of my VF this weekend, and when that is
done, I want to get an accurate re-measure of my gallon-age.

Can someone please post the actual/correct method for using salt to
determine the volume of the pond?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: