Old 15-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Bill and Nancy Weiler

Default Moss - 2 Questions

saabdued wrote:

I understand that moss doesn't have true roots like other plants. Will the moss growth eventually push the
bricks aside,

I've not heard of moss being able to move bricks or rocks. You might
find, however, that the moss might begin to grow ON the bricks.

Moss seems to do rather well in our yard, in both full and part shade.
Again, we rather like the look. Is the abundance of moss growth indicative
though of any soil, moisture, or any other problem we should be aware of?

Mosses like damp somewhat shady areas--emphasis on the word "damp".
Mosses are attractive little plants--some species more than others.

Bill

--
Bill and Nancy Weiler
Tony, Wisconsin