Old 16-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Rick

Default No-Plow Ground Cover Seeds?

On 15 May 2003 08:15:21 -0700, (Filipo) wrote:

Hi there.

I live in northern Virginia on a lot which has a steep embankment on
two sides - the sides are about 40-45 degrees incline, 20 feet high,
covered with weeds and impossible to plow or cultivate because of its
steepness. I want to plant groundcover on this steep hill - about
10,000 squre feet maybe - but since it is hard to till or plow, I need
groundcover seeds that you just broadcast or spread on and hope they
will grow before the birds get to them.

Do you have any suggestions? I don't care what they look like - I just
need something that is no-plow, no-maintenance, that will keep the
weeds from growing.

Thanks & I look forward to your expert advice.

ftt

Sounds like a great place for wild flowers. You can get seed by the
pound on several web based companies.