Old 16-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Jutta

Default Peony questions

I beg to differ - I read in several magazines that ants on the upcoming blooms
are extremely important for the development of blooming.

redclay wrote:

Opinicus wrote in message
We received some potted peonies as a gift whose blooms have begun to fade.
There's a picture here http://kanyak.com/stash/peonies030515b.jpg
Can I transplant the tubers into the garden? If so, how and when? What

kind
of soil, shade conditions do they like? I don't know what zone we're in

but
we live here at http://kanyak.com/stash/foca-m.jpg (38° 40' N - 26° 46'

E).
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

Yes you can. Plant them in full sun or partial shade(25%) with the tuber
at the exact depth it was in the pot. The peony likes its "eyes" just under
the surface. Plant them now and lightly fertilize with 10-10-10. Peonies
do not need ants on them to bloom; if you see ants on them dust with
Rotenone