Old 16-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Lyn

Default PNW shade-loving perennials?

(paghat) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Lyn) wrote:

Please help a relocated girl from Chicago pick out some perennials for
her new Portland-area flower beds and rock gardens. Huge property,
much shade - some areas get *some* sunlight (a few hours per day).

Also, how do I permanently get rid of blackberries without resorting
to Tritox or some such horrible thing? They just laughed at the
Round-Up.

TIA for any help - I'm on a steep learning curve, and have been
weeding furiously. Any good book recs are also welcome.

-L.
(Loving the trillium all over my back yard...)

I have shade gardens on Puget Sound; your weather is a bit damper than
here but that just makes it even better for the majority of shade
perennials which like it damp. Everything I've grown successfully so could
you, & here's an index of links to a lot of my shade plants:
http://www.paghat.com/garden1.html
Ferns, monkshoods, hardy geraniums, & arums have their separate index
pages, & are also mainly shade plants, & shade shrubs are indexed with
other shrubs.

snip

Thank you for all of the wonderful information! I haven't gone to
your site yet, but promise I will soon. The previous owners of this
prop. put in some spectacular perrenials that I haven't identified, so
I'm hoping some are on your page. I plan to clean up the yard and
enhance what they have already done. I really appreciate your help!

-L.