Old 16-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Greg O

Default Help - Need junk Sears lawn tractor

"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
om...
I have a Sears YTV-16 lawn tractor with a broken transaxle (4 gears
are stripped). I am looking for a used transaxle assembly. The part
number is 917.101901X.

Sears Parts Dept. says that is it "unavailable". Does anyone know
what company made the transaxle for Sears?

Please email me.

TIA

Chuck

Probably made by Peerless, a division of Tecumseh. Find a good small engine
shop in your area, they will be able to cross reference the Sears model
number to Peerless. Once you get the Peerless number it is just a matter of
ordered the parts to repair it. I have rebuilt a few of these transmissions
over the years, with the factory manual, it is not very hard to do. Lots of
small pieces to keep track of!!
Greg