Old 16-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Tim

Default What animal digs small holes in lawn??

On Fri, 16 May 2003 10:49:19 +0100, Jane Ransom
wrote:

In article opro89v208wxhha1@localhost, Tim
timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@apk.
at writes

Sorry, I lost the start to this thread, I thought I read that the holes
had dirt thrown up around them?
Can you explain what they look like again for me.

OP said - A few weeks ago, there were two neat holes dug around the stump
of a tree
we'd just cut down. Last night, there were two holes in the middle of
our
grass!! About 4 inches across with a lot of "digging spray" behind them.

Ta. So big ? That basically rules out mice, voles.
Where they just depressions or were they tunnels ? As you say rabbits look
a good bet. Or foxes if it's not a tunnel. Any free roaming chickens in the
area ? Tim.