Old 16-05-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Use Salt to Determine Volume

Awesome thanks!

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
*muffin* wrote:
OK, I also add the question,, HOW much salt can you safely add?? 5 lbs

10
lbs? how long do you have to wait till you see a difference in salt

level??
meaning,,,,,,, if after you add 5 lbs,, still NOT .01%,, how long before

you
add another 5 lbs??? & then again....
(my pond is a VERY weird shape & different levels,, I figure at least

2500,
but won't be surprised its 3500,, hubby tells me its 4 ft

deep......... I
doubt it ) LOng story, why we never got the true depth

measurement,,,,,,,,
he kept digging,,, mucky yucky goop to try to stand in,,,, in-between...

&
just put liner in,,,,,,,, cut excess off,, etc etc )

I can't tell you how much salt to add. That is why you need
a salt level test kit. There is a chart that will guide you
to the correct amount. You add some salt wait a day test,
then add more salt if needed. You must have some idea of
the size of your pond - use that as an estimate and add
about 1 lb per 100 gallons as a gauge.
But you do need the test kit and add the salt over three
days - testing before you add additional salt. Don't use
table salt, use crystal solar salt from Home Depot or
Lowe's. It's around $4. for 40 lbs.
--
Bonnie
NJ