Old 16-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Theo Asir

Default need help with planting my first rose bush

done either. But check out John's site, that'd be a pretty smart thing.

As for keeping it alive a long time, plant it in a place with some

protection
from whichever way the wind blows and plant it close to your house, south
facing, and in your best available dirt, for me that's native stuff, I

don't
bother with mixing a third peat moss, a third premium, and a third native
anymore. Put super phosphate or bone meal in the bottom of the hole you

use.
After it gets going, fertilize it with the cheapest rose fertilizer on

sale,
or any kinduv Miracle Grow, etc. Never let the hole dry out, water it

every
day. Good luck.

I don't have the time to scan 'Johns' site
but I can't imagine he grows blue
girl any where but a greenhouse.

And all this work will be inconsequential
when the d*** thing croaks this winter.
And so we loose another potential rose lover.

Which zone do you exactly live in lms that
you so cavaliarly say grow it with out warning
her all the effort is of no use.

Having gone thru the heart break of losing 8
potted roses (+1 still in ICU) I would not
wish that experience on anyone.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City