Old 16-05-2003, 05:08 PM
montana

Default Strawberry Screen

"mnz" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 14 May 2003 16:52:44 +0000, Lisa wrote:

Do any of you have suggestions for a screen I can use on my strawberries

keep the birds out? I've got them planted in a 4 foot square bed. Just

few red ones right now -- but all of them picked over by the birds.

Thanks!

--
Lisa

I tried netting, which didn't keep all the critters out. What worked for
my patch was the kind of landscaping fabric that you use to cover grass
seedlings. It lets the sun & water in, but it's pretty good (once
staked) at keeping all the critters (except slugs) out. I still lost
berries at the edges of the patch, but there were plenty left for me.