Old 16-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Laura

Default Plumbing question

I'm new to ponds, having just filled the 11x13 pond about 10 days ago
and I love it already. Nothing like having the opportunity to play in
dirt and water! We (husband and I) have some bundles of anacharis and
some floating plants - water lettuce and water hyacinth. We also
just put in three Red Cap Oranda goldfish which are now about 2-3"
long.

The question I have is concerning plumbing from the filter to the
pump. My husband got some rubber automotive heater hose at Home
Depot, but I'm worried that it may contain some toxins and harm the
fish and/or plants. Can anyone shed some light on this for us? If
this isn't a good idea to use this type of hose, what would be
preferable. I think he went with this because it's black and of
course would blend in with the liner.

Thanks,

Laura & Andy
Zone 9b