Old 17-05-2003, 03:56 AM
~ jan

Default Water temp question

Is this plausible? The bio-bugs don't work as well at temps over 85F,
therefore feeding the fish when water temps are this high could be
detrimental to your water quality.... and you know me, it's all about
keeping water quality at its best. ;o) ~ jan

On Sat, 10 May 2003 01:19:04 GMT, "RichToyBox" wrote:

My fish eat 365 days a year. I find that if they are active, they eat, and
I have not found any problems at high temperatures. I have seen people say
not to feed them at high temperatures, but I have not noticed that they are
not hungry. I don't know where the rule came from, and if I can't find a
good explanation, or come up with some plausible reason, I ignore the rule.
In warm water, the fish tend to be at least as active, and burn more
calories, so where I feed twice a day in the winter, (pond heated to near
70) I increase the feeding to 3 times a day when I can turn off the heaters,
and from about June to November feed 4 times a day. The portion size is the
same at all feedings.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~