Old 17-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Dwayne

Default Guinea Fowl

They love to eat ticks. You can watch a flock feeding in a field of plants,
and see them cleaning up the tick problem. We lived 3 miles out of town and
the only problem we saw, was that they always managed to be on the highway
when cars were driving by. They belonged to our aunt and uncle, but were
always welcome at our place.

Dwayne

"Chip G." wrote in message
In article , Dave W
wrote:

I don't know about pest control, but they make great watchdogs.! They

raise
h___ when a stranger comes on your place.

That can be a down side. I hear they sometimes trouble neighbors with
the racket they produce. What exactly does the alarm sound like?

--
--Chip
remove dots in prefix to fix email address