Old 17-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Henry

Default need help with planting my first rose bush

Ed Lucarini wrote:
"lms" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

susan

here's John's website, he lives in minnesota, don't think there's any

kinda

bush he doesn't like. but especially roses.

http://home.earthlink.net/~passepartout/

Hey John,

what's the deal? I've seen what you call Vinca listed as Myrtle. Is there
a difference?

Vinca minor is the proper name for the plant. The common name is
Periwinkle. It is a prostrate, creeping vine with lilac-blue flowers.
It is hardy to zone 4 and makes a nice ground cover in sun or shade.

See:
http://2bnthewild.com/plants/H89.htm
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/p...dem/U760.shtml
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...nca_minor.html

Sometimes the name Myrtle is incorrectly applied to Periwinkle but
Myrtle is Myrtus communis, a tender shrub (zones 8-9) with creamy white
flowers. See:

http://ag.arizona.edu/pima/gardening..._communis.html
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan..._communis.html

--