Old 17-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Henry

Default roses changing color?

ScoobyRCP wrote:
Greetings gang.....

I have a rather weird question. I have lost my tag off a rose (therefore can't
help with identification) that I was anticipating moving for several reasons.
this rose was thought to be a small shrub variety, nearly thornless with small
white flowers, profusely blooming but very susceptible to mildew.

Before getting a chance to move it this year duw to nearly constant rains, I
noticed that the flowers are now red (not from sucker growth I might add). How
is this possible, am I brain dead and not remembering this bush correctly??

When you say "was thought to be" does that mean you have never seen it
bloom before but that's what you were told when you bought it? If so,
it's likely that you just didn't get what you thought you bought. While
some roses (usually sports) will occasionally revert to an earlier look
and while roses will occasionally produce a sport, it's not the norm and
is usually confined to a single branch. So in your case, it's likely
that you either forgot what the rose was or were sold a random rose,
labeled as a particular rose. Are the flowers nice? Can you post
pictures to the web somewhere for us to see. It's possible someone here
can help identify it.

--
Henry