Old 17-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Wayne Dyer

Default indian hawthorne alternative?

Once again, I seek the wisdom of the net.

The poison whatever on the back fence is being dealt with. Thanks to all
who responded. I decided to just try to get rid of it rather than worry
too much about what exactly it was.

But, we did something that in hindsight was stupid, but we're learning --
we put out indian hawthorne in an area where deer are about. Took us a
few days to realize it wasn't some problem with the plants, but the
hoofprints in the mulch gave it away. This afternoon I'm pulling the
plants so they'll move elsewhere.

Thing is, we need to put in something that likes full sun, preferably with
some color and drought tolerant, that the deer won't mess with. I've
already hit the TAMU site for derr-resistant plants, but they don't have
pictures. :-(

Any suggestions?

-W-