Old 18-05-2003, 12:44 AM
*muffin*

Default salt testing kit ???????"s

(please don't yell , I know I put this also in another thread,,but thought
I'd combine it..)

I was doing some searching on deja news about salt testing with this kit I
have, & am confused.

I bought the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals kit where you use 2 bottles of
stuff, & drop in the 2nd bottle by 2 drops at a time till it turns DEEP
purple.
now when "I" do it, it will turn a light purple on 2 drops,, then a little
darker on 4 & the deepest on 6 drops ( will not get darker when I add
more),, I have read ( in back posts) where people mention it turns
immediately.......... huh?
what am I doing wrong?

there is no manufacturing date, only lot numbers.

also,, (from before) the level reads at 0.06%,, how does this translate into
the PPT needed for the calculators for salt-to-pond-gallons?