Old 18-05-2003, 01:08 AM
K30a

Default BullFrog eggs!

DS wrote Should I get some slimy green stuff off the
side of the pond for them to feed on after they hatch?

Yes, they'd like that.
Then they can graduate to organic lettuce.
I put a bunch in the freezer and break off leaves
as needed.
(I have five jars set up right now with treefrog eggs, from a few to a bunch
depending on the size of the container.)
Watch for ammonia in the container as they get older.
I put in anacharis and other underwater plants to help filter my tadpole
setups. And they eat that too.
Bullfrog taddies will need to go back to the pond in the fall so they can
winter over.
I tried to winter over some bullfrog taddies and they died
before spring so it makes me think they need the winter conditions.

k30a