Old 18-05-2003, 01:56 AM
SlimFlem

Default started PMDD and CO2 today

Well, I probably won't be moving in a few weeks like I planned since GE
ended my contract this past Thursday. So, instead of waiting, I have gone
ahead and mixed some PMDD solution following the directions on The Krib and
started my DIY CO2 again until I can get the pressurized system. I use two
large wine containers. Each one is 3 liters filled to about 2.5 liters
after the ingredients are added. Last time I was using this, my PH leveled
out around 6.8. Should this be enough CO2 for a 75 gallon?

Also, at what point would it be ok to increase my light duration during the
day now that I've started CO2 again? Currently, as I've stated in other
threads, I have a Coralife 4 x 65 and run the 2 10000K's for 10 hours and
the 2 6500K's for about 4 - 4.5 hours a day.

Also, should I wait until my PMDD levels have leveled off and my PH is
stable from the CO2 before increasing light duration?

thanks a lot.