Old 18-05-2003, 02:20 AM
RichToyBox

Default Bentonite blankets

I have heard of the use of the bentonite, geotextile as a landfill liner.
Using webferret, http://www.cetco.com/groups/lining_main.asp gives the names
of two additional liners.
--
RichToyBox

"dtl" wrote in message
In researching methods for lining a garden pond, I ran across
references to the use of Bentonite (specifically bentonite blankets-
bentonite fixed between two layers of geotextile) to line the pond.
The only source of bentonite blankets I have been able to find is a
product called MiraClay which is marketed for use under concrete
foundations. From the tech specs, itr sounds identical to what I am
looking for. However calls to both the manufacturer and local
distributor met with skepticism. Neither had ever heard of such a
thing. Anybody have any knowedge of bentonite blankets? Specifically
MiraClay. Thanks for your help.
Dale