Old 17-05-2003, 02:56 PM
dtl

Default Bentonite blankets

In researching methods for lining a garden pond, I ran across
references to the use of Bentonite (specifically bentonite blankets-
bentonite fixed between two layers of geotextile) to line the pond.
The only source of bentonite blankets I have been able to find is a
product called MiraClay which is marketed for use under concrete
foundations. From the tech specs, itr sounds identical to what I am
looking for. However calls to both the manufacturer and local
distributor met with skepticism. Neither had ever heard of such a
thing. Anybody have any knowedge of bentonite blankets? Specifically
MiraClay. Thanks for your help.
Dale
Old 17-05-2003, 03:44 PM
K30a

Dale wrote Anybody have any knowedge of bentonite blankets?

Have been on rec.ponds a number of years and this
is the first I've heard mention of it.

for use under concrete

foundations

To keep ground water from getting into the
foundation?

k30a
Old 17-05-2003, 04:44 PM
dtl

The American Horticultural Society Complete Guide to Water Gardening
by Peter Robison (1997) includes section on using clay for lining and
specifically gives instructions for using bentonite blankets, but alas
no brands or sources.
The source I found sells them for waterproofing foundations.
Dale

Old 18-05-2003, 02:20 AM
RichToyBox

I have heard of the use of the bentonite, geotextile as a landfill liner.
Using webferret, http://www.cetco.com/groups/lining_main.asp gives the names
of two additional liners.
--
RichToyBox