Old 18-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Anthony E Anson

Default Not ransoms, but...

The message
from "Sue & Bob Hobden" contains these words:
"Anthony Anson" wrote in message
The state of the property on moving in can be savoured by visiting the
page:
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/arjohm.htm

Having seen your new place you have some work to do then? :-)

A little. I've got a trowel and a pair of scissors....

It was lightly tended by an elderly lady not in the full bloom of
athleticism as 'a garden is a lovesome thing, God wot' for a number of
years, and then it had a summer lying fallow while the house was for
sale, when it shifted from 'lovesome' to 'loathsome'. I moved in at the
end of October, by which time it was a little - er - wild.

It contains a lot of interesting plants and shrubs and I've brought a
few more to add to the confusion. There's a fig tree in a pot - now
looking for a stainless steel drum from a washing machine, a potted
blueberry, a grape vine - probably Black Hamburg, and I've sown a pinch
of Chinese gooseberry seeds. The grape, with another yet to be acquired,
the fig, suitably restrained and an existing Japanese quince will be
trained against the red-brick gable-end and the tacked-on ablutions
block, which means that I will have to dig out the winter jasmine which
presently is a damp-trap at the bottom of the wall.

Being an old house there is no cavity, and the inside walls are damp.
Still, I've started a number of little layerings of the jasmine, and
it's not exactly slow growing. Now I've got to find somewhere sensible
for them....

Now we've had a little rain I'm off to dig a bean trench in which to
plant last year's roots.

Back later.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi